- RSS Channel Showcase 1352730
- RSS Channel Showcase 2088641
- RSS Channel Showcase 6445162
- RSS Channel Showcase 5724606
Articles on this Page
- 02/22/15--01:28: _Dick Gregory gets S...
- 02/26/15--13:57: _Pan African Film & ...
- 04/08/15--23:28: _FLASHBACK: 1971- Ms...
- 04/29/15--18:35: _International City ...
- 04/29/15--19:52: _Bookstore Overflows...
- 05/12/15--19:23: _Comics Rocked at 4t...
- 08/25/15--18:00: _STRAIGHT OUTTA COMP...
- 10/04/15--16:34: _26TH Annual Heroes ...
- 11/01/15--18:29: _25th Annual Divas ...
- 01/02/16--18:17: _47TH NAACP IMAGE AW...
- 01/20/17--23:10: _Viola Davis Gets St...
- 01/20/17--23:39: _How to Confidently ...
- 02/15/17--10:41: _“Winners” at Morris...
- 03/08/17--10:19: _Celebrating Women i...
- 05/05/17--20:25: _A J Crawford Celebr...
- 06/05/17--06:27: _Billy Porter at the...
- 06/12/17--21:07: _Celebrating Black M...
- 06/20/17--19:50: _How to Confidently ...
- 09/18/17--17:44: _Long Beach Jazz Fes...
- 10/29/17--17:46: _The 28TH Annual Her...
- 02/22/15--01:28: Dick Gregory gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 02/26/15--13:57: Pan African Film & Arts Festival
- 04/08/15--23:28: FLASHBACK: 1971- Ms Scoop Betty Coleman
- 04/29/15--19:52: Bookstore Overflows with Misty Copeland Fans
- 05/12/15--19:23: Comics Rocked at 4th Annual Comics Rock! Convention
- 08/25/15--18:00: STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON Hits $113.8 Million at Box Office
- 10/04/15--16:34: 26TH Annual Heroes & Legends Scholarship Awards
- 11/01/15--18:29: 25th Annual Divas Simply Singing Silver Anniversary Oct. 24, 2015
- 01/02/16--18:17: 47TH NAACP IMAGE AWARDS NOMINEES ANNOUNCED
- 01/20/17--23:10: Viola Davis Gets Star on Walk of Fame
- 01/20/17--23:39: How to Confidently Accept, Embrace and Let Out Who You Truly Are
- 02/15/17--10:41: “Winners” at Morrison Hotel Gallery at the Sunset Marquis Hotel
- 03/08/17--10:19: Celebrating Women in History with Elaine Brown
- 05/05/17--20:25: A J Crawford Celebrates 55 Years in the Community
- 06/05/17--06:27: Billy Porter at the Grammy Museum
- 06/20/17--19:50: How to Confidently Accept, Embrace and Let Out Who You Truly Are
- 09/18/17--17:44: Long Beach Jazz Festival Celebrates Big 30
- 10/29/17--17:46: The 28TH Annual Heroes & Legends Scholarship Awards
By Kim Webster
HOLLYWOOD CA Feb 2, 2015 – What a wonderful day to celebrate comedian, author, and civil rights activist Dick Gregory. Mr Gregory received the 2542nd star located at 1650 Vine St on his 56th wedding anniversary. He thanked and praised his wife Lillian as he spoke at the podium about politics and current [...]
By Kim Webster
The 23rd Pan African Film & Arts Festival opened on February 5th with the premier of “The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution.” Directed by Stanley Nelson and produced by Laurens Grant, this documentary takes an intense and detailed look inside the Panther Party. It also graphically unveils J. Edgar Hoover’s COINTELPRO FBI [...]
Betty Coleman- A Look Back On a Former Ms. Scoop From 1971
By Kim Webster
Betty Coleman tells about her encounter with the legendary founder/publisher of Scoop Mr. Jim Shields and how she became Ms Scoop. “Now, about me, I met Jim Shields in one of the clubs in Los Angeles in about November of 1971. It [...]
By Kim Webster
London, England 1968 – Judy Garland (played by Gigi Bermingham) arrives at the Ritz hotel, scheduled to perform several shows at the “The Talk of the Town” venue. After entering their hotel suite Judy tells her fiance’/manager Mickey Deans (played by Michael Rubenstone) that there’s something unfamiliar with the suite, but he insists [...]
Los Angeles CA – Eso Won Bookstore was filled to capacity, with people standing outside waiting to meet ballerina Misty Copeland. It was encouraging to see so many young children with smiling faces expressing their happiness when they met Ms. Copeland. Ms. Copeland’s book “Life in Motion An Unlikely Ballerina” vividly explains how a young [...]
By Kim Webster
LOS ANGELES CA – This year the 4th Annual Comics Rock! Convention honored comic genius, social/civil rights activist, and humanitarian Dick Gregory. Mr. Gregory mixed comedy with knowledge and world issues when speaking to a standing-room-only audience at Mavericks Flat. During the four-day convention seminars and workshops were held at the J Spot [...]
By Kim Webster
LOS ANGELES CA – Directed by F. Gary Gray, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON portrays the intricate story of N.W.A. consisting of five young men Eazy-E (Jason Mitchell), Dr. Dre (Corey Hawkins), Ice Cube (O’Shea Jackson Jr.), D J Yella (Neil Brown Jr.), and MC Ren (Aldis Hodge). And the epic movie [...]
Beverly Hills CA – Master of Ceremonies Ray Parker, Jr. and Co-Hosts James Reynolds and Willie Tyler & Lester presided at the 26TH Annual Heroes & Legends Scholarship Awards held at the Beverly Hills Hotel. HAL Pacesetter Award honoree El DeBarge had the audience dancing the cha-cha as he performed his hit song “All This [...]
HOLLYWOOD, CA – Divas executive producer/creator/founder Sheryl Lee Ralph was “too hot” in a silver jumpsuit, faux fur jacket, and stylin’ a full Afro; dancing and singing to a Diva version of “Uptown Funk” that included Nina Simone in the lyrics.“Tonight is all about inspiration, outreach and singing,” she said. The Montalban Theater was [...]
BEVERLY HILLS, CA – Tuesday, December 8, 2015, was a morning of anticipation at the Paley Center for Media as camera crews and photographers set up for the announcement of the 47th NAACP Image Award nominees.
Tika Sumpter (The Haves and the Have Nots), Danielle Nicolet (Born Again Virgin), Marsai Martin and Miles Brown (both of [...]
By Kim Webster HOLLYWOOD CA – “Viola Davis is a sure thing, she is inevitable!” said Meryl Streep when referring to Viola Davis, she added, “She’s a gift to writers, she plants herself in a scene where she has no words and she writes paragraphs with her eyes.” Fans screamed “Viola” as she approached the […]
By Kim Somers Egelsee In 2017 we are caught up in pop culture, politics, social media and more. Plastic surgery, Botox, high fashion and stilettos seem to define some people like a brand. It’s easy for some to substitute material things for inner depth and beauty. The key is to enhance, embrace, and exude your inner and […]
Hosted by Whoopi Goldberg and Julian Lennon, the stars celebrate photos and art of the Oscars and Grammys By Ross Kolde and Aimee Musser There was a time in American society when culture experienced a total overhaul in a way that was so drastic it was unprecedented. Beginning in the middle of the 60’s and […]
By Kim Webster March 1, 2017 began the month long celebration of National Women’s History Month. Established in March 1911 as International Women’s Day, the celebration has evolved and this month is dedicated to the historical contributions made by all women. How fitting that author, activist, and the only woman to be named Chairperson of […]
By Kim Webster “When I first came to Los Angeles, I realized you have to have some type of skill or some type of profession,” said A J Crawford who opened A and J Shoe Service Center in 1962. He attended a trade school for shoe repair in Louisiana and applied at a shoe repair […]
A Transition of Intention By Aimee Musser and Ross Kolde There’s a new attitude resonant in the LGBT front lines. It’s no longer an armada of mere defense against intolerance; they have an active post, fighting in the front line for change. Here enters Billy Porter; singer, dancer, composer, actor and playwright. For nearly three […]
By Kim Webster LOS ANGELES CA – “I feel like I’m standing next to royalty,” said Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson 8th District as he gave accolades to Claudette Robinson who was being honored in Los Angeles City Council Chambers. “It is not only an honor but such a privilege to be able to stand here […]
By Kim Somers Egelsee In 2017 we are caught up in pop culture, politics, social media and more. Plastic surgery, Botox, high fashion and stilettos seem to define some people like a brand. It’s easy for some to substitute material things for inner depth and beauty. The key is to enhance, embrace, and exude your […]
By Kim Webster The LB Jazz Festival has reached a milestone celebrating 30 years; Kimberly Benoit daughter of LB Jazz Festival founder Al Williams commented, “This is just a blessing for my dad to pass on a legacy to me, and for me to pass on to my son.” “A Healthy Taste of Jazz” was […]
By Kim Webster Beverly Hills CA – Master of Ceremonies Ray Parker Jr. and co-host James Reynolds presided at the 28TH Annual Heroes & Legends Scholarship Awards held at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Founder of the HAL Scholarship Awards Janie Bradford thanked everyone for their “continued support” of the HAL Awards. “I have so much […]